cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using the STM32F401RC and I cannot find in the datasheet where country of origin is for this piece. Can someone help me find this information please

AAria.1
Associate II

8 REPLIES 8

The IC's are diffused in several different fabs, and packaged in several different locations.

Both these can be determined from the markings and product labels on the packaging.

Most I've seen come out the Crolles/France line

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Is there a certain place to look for that information if I do not have the packaging labels anymore? I tried looking on the data sheets but nothing in those sheets mentions its country of origin.

Perhaps take a picture of the part, and attach, and we can discuss it, specifically?

No, because its not fixed, and subject to change

The VQ marking is for Crolles

CHN GH/GQ is packaged/tested in China, there might be additional locations

The PCN are frequently available via distributors, or your local sales/support office.

Some STM32 are diffused in multiple TSMC locations around the globe, including the USA and TAIWAN, concurrently.

Here is the chip that we have: 0693W00000SwOToQAN.pngI need to show actual documentation that the chip does or does not come from china, that is my issue.

That one was diffused in TAIWAN, which CHINA says isn't a country.

Packaged in JIANGYIN,CHINA

Do you know if they produce this chip in Korea, USA, Taiwan, Malaysia, or the Philippines and where I can find the supporting documentation for that?

I don't work for ST, and don't track country of origin that closely, perhaps try your local sales office, and review the PCN for these parts?

Perhaps go the the Support Portal and file an Online Support Request ?

Got it, thank you so much for your help!