cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How/where to enroll new P-L496-CELL02 development kit (see detail below)?

KMurp.290
Associate II

Hello -

I recently acquired a new P-L496G-CELL02 development kit to evaluate cellular communication performance. Out of the box, when I first plug in the P-L496G-CELL02 development kit to my PC and open a terminal, it instructs me to "open a web browser and go to http://www.stm32-c2c.com". When I go to the http://www.stm32-c2c.com domain, its page says "The stm32.c2c.com web page to enroll P-L496-CELL02 is now moved to STMicroelectronics www.st.com. Please click here, to get more information." I have been unable to to find any page on the st.com domain for enrolling the P-L496-CELL02. So unfortunately I am stuck on step #1 with getting this demo running out of the box.

Please help. Thank you.

Regards,

Kevin

23 REPLIES 23
BillB
Associate

Gee, I wish I would have read over the community questions more carefully on the P-L496-CELL02 before I purchased it. I was expecting an out-of-the-box demo on cellular capabilities. What I instead encountered was a miserable journey hunting through various out-of-date documents describing features that don't exist then having to dig through community threads only to find out that the out-of-the-box experience has been deprecated.

There are three revisions of X-CUBE-CELLULAR. How do they evolve? Don't know. Why are there completely different demos in each one? Don't know. Do I need to update the modem firmware? If so, how do I do it? Don't know. Now that the eSIM can't be activated, what is the simplest alternative to demonstrate the dev kit? Don't know.

ST, you need to work on keeping up-to-date, coherent documents for your products, especially your dev kits.

RL20
Associate

HI,

Can you share the binary file : l496_bg96_socket_v510.bin

the version i have access to is v520 and i am unable to setup cellular connectivity.

Regards

Robonov
Associate II

Hi,

I just purchased a P-L496G-CELL02 and have spent the best part of a week trying to find where to start with this board. I agree with @BillB​  that the documentation is a bit of a mess. Also it is frustrating that the ST website and distributor sites, don't mention that most of the advertised intended workflow isn't possible anymore.

@Ronan GABOU​  what is the best way to get started with this board today?

I work on ubuntu and use STM32CubeIDE / MX to generate projects and debug F4 processors, I also sometimes do it manually using VSCode, gcc/makefile and cortex debug.

I would like to connect this board to AWS to stream data back from a device in the field, do ST have any examples of this?

I am in the UK, do you know a good place to buy a sim for this board?

Kind regards,

Rob

Hi Robonov,

We just purchased the same kit as yours and we are obviously facing the same problems, nothing is working out of the box. Did you have any success in connecting to AWS using this board ?