cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How/where to enroll new P-L496-CELL02 development kit (see detail below)?

KMurp.290
Associate II

Hello -

I recently acquired a new P-L496G-CELL02 development kit to evaluate cellular communication performance. Out of the box, when I first plug in the P-L496G-CELL02 development kit to my PC and open a terminal, it instructs me to "open a web browser and go to http://www.stm32-c2c.com". When I go to the http://www.stm32-c2c.com domain, its page says "The stm32.c2c.com web page to enroll P-L496-CELL02 is now moved to STMicroelectronics www.st.com. Please click here, to get more information." I have been unable to to find any page on the st.com domain for enrolling the P-L496-CELL02. So unfortunately I am stuck on step #1 with getting this demo running out of the box.

Please help. Thank you.

Regards,

Kevin

22 REPLIES 22
BillB
Associate

Gee, I wish I would have read over the community questions more carefully on the P-L496-CELL02 before I purchased it. I was expecting an out-of-the-box demo on cellular capabilities. What I instead encountered was a miserable journey hunting through various out-of-date documents describing features that don't exist then having to dig through community threads only to find out that the out-of-the-box experience has been deprecated.

There are three revisions of X-CUBE-CELLULAR. How do they evolve? Don't know. Why are there completely different demos in each one? Don't know. Do I need to update the modem firmware? If so, how do I do it? Don't know. Now that the eSIM can't be activated, what is the simplest alternative to demonstrate the dev kit? Don't know.

ST, you need to work on keeping up-to-date, coherent documents for your products, especially your dev kits.

RL20
Associate

HI,

Can you share the binary file : l496_bg96_socket_v510.bin

the version i have access to is v520 and i am unable to setup cellular connectivity.

Regards

Robonov
Associate II

Hi,

I just purchased a P-L496G-CELL02 and have spent the best part of a week trying to find where to start with this board. I agree with @BillB​  that the documentation is a bit of a mess. Also it is frustrating that the ST website and distributor sites, don't mention that most of the advertised intended workflow isn't possible anymore.

@Ronan GABOU​  what is the best way to get started with this board today?

I work on ubuntu and use STM32CubeIDE / MX to generate projects and debug F4 processors, I also sometimes do it manually using VSCode, gcc/makefile and cortex debug.

I would like to connect this board to AWS to stream data back from a device in the field, do ST have any examples of this?

I am in the UK, do you know a good place to buy a sim for this board?

Kind regards,

Rob