cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know that MCU is genuine

DAhn
Associate

I bought 960 MCU very expensive.

but many barcode and number has been deleted.

I just wonder that this mcu is genuine or not

0693W00000HprnBQAR.jpg 

0693W00000HprkwQAB.jpg0693W00000HprnQQAR.jpg 

0693W00000HprnRQAR.jpg 

0693W00000HprnaQAB.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

> I just wonder that this mcu is genuine or not

It's almost impossible to tell whether an IC is genuine - and its entirely impossible just by looking at pictures. Counterfeits are almost perfect these days.

And, particularly for 'F103, there are too many clones out there. Removing information certainly rises suspicion. And the marking appears to be slightly misaligned to the left. But none of these is a proof, not even towards "not genuine".

JW

Markings look consistent. Often trace would be removed if the original purchaser doesn't want blow-back due to contract, export licencing or non-resale agreements. This can interfere with pricing, and availability/delivery in the future.

You'd likely need to engage with a company who can xray and decap to get a provenance / authentic opinion / report.

Alternative is to build a few units with randomly selected parts, and test/evaluate to your own requirements / specifications.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Fake CPUs are either non-functional or are remarked clone-CPUs. Clone CPUs have some indication, like the GD32F103 has a more recent Cortex-M3 core.