cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep program in flash memory

RMhap.1
Associate II

I am trying to use STEVAL-STWINKT1B for predictive maintenance application as an standalone device using Battery pack provided in the kit. But i need to flash the program everytime i remove the battery. I wanted to know if there is a way to keep it within the board and not requiring to flash the program everytime i restart the board.

Maybe i am missing something while programming the board. Any help would be much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Suspect you are missing something, program should be in flash, and should be able to recover from changing battery if NVRAM or RTC​ need reinitializing.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
RMhap.1
Associate II

Hi @Community member​  Thanks for the response, I was wrong in that term. The program stayed in the flash memory. I understood the problem.

I need to connect it to the USB the first time whenever i start the board. So if the power supply is cut from the battery pack, and i reconnect the battery again the board doesn't start working but if i give it power through the laptop the code starts running and then i can keep it running as a standalone device on the battery.

Is there a way to get the board running directly by connecting the battery after unplugging it instead of giving the initial power through the laptop?

This is not a board I'm using. Would suggest a review of the schematic in terms of power sources and flow.And then reviewing the code to understand what what the expectation and provisions are there for initial power up scenarios.

Does it need the laptop, or does a USB juice-box type battery, or charger suffice?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MM..1
Chief II

Check BOOT0 setup