cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable JTAG on STM32H743XIH6?

JJ1
Associate II

Hello there, we're using STM32H743XIH6 MCU for out development.

We're at a stage where, we need JTAG to be disabled for Production build and enabled for the Debug build.

In order to do that, I searched online, and figured that RDP level can be set to disable the JTAG interface. But I'm not sure this will help me achieve my goal.

Looking forward to learn new thing!

Thanks in advanced!😊

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

RDP level 2 will permanently disable JTAG. However, this process is irreversible. That means you cannot program or debug the chip with normal means after this is done.

If you just want to temporarily disable JTAG, you can reassign the JTAG pins as GPIO inputs in your program. However, an adversary could hold the chip in reset and connect to get around this.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
JJ1
Associate II

First, thank you for a quick response! 🙂

Yes I understand that.

I'm also aware that, to disable the JTAG, I can re-assign JATG pins and that should do the trick.

But that is also not fully-secured approach, as we want to go into production phase, this is kind of crucial for us to shut it properly so that unauthorized personal can't tinker with it.

Is this achievable in anyway?

TDK
Guru

> Is this achievable in anyway?

Did you read the first sentence where I said "RDP level 2 will permanently disable JTAG"? Does this not work for you? If so, why not?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".