cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect to U5 discovery board on Windows 11

EC.3
Associate III

Hello,

I have watched the ST video "Discover the new STM32U5 IoT node B-U585-IOT02A Discovery kit", which showed using the STLink Virtual COM Port (VCP) with a terminal program to connect to the board. I've also seen articles, with no answers, about how to resolve "Code 10" problem reported by Windows 11 about the VCP, which is the error code that I see on my machine. I've also seen comments about how VCP should no longer be necessary with Win11.

With a *non*-discovery U5 board, I've been able to connect, program, and debug using ST-Link with the CubeProgrammer and CubeIDE, so I know what USB ports are working on my machine. I'm not sure what is currently loaded on the discovery board, as other developers have used it, but how am I supposed to connect to it with Win11? Using the CubeProgrammer, I tried all 3 device options, ST-LINK, UART (and therefore the VCP although I know it reports the Code 10 problem), and USB. I thought I would just need to connect to the micro-USB (STLINK) connector on the board and use the ST-LINK option from the CubeProgrammer, as the board already has a built-in ST-LINK V3.

What setup should work?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
EC.3
Associate III

I mentioned having checked my USB ports, but it turned out it was the cable - it was a power-only no-comms micro-USB cable. My apologies.