cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure PSSI to be used as Parallel Slave port

bhavan_kumar
Associate II

Hi,

I am currently using STM32H5 series, to transmit the RTC register content to an escalator base board. I need to transmit these data in a parallel manner (i.e. MCU act as a slave and the base board act as a master). I studied that STM32H5 series has PSSI which involves a data bus (PSSI_D[15:0]), data enable (PSSI_DE) and ready bit (PSSI_RDY) and a clock (PSSI_PDCK). Where the signal comes from the base boards are address and data lines (PMD<7:0>), chip select (PMCSx), read (PMRD) and write signal (PMWR).

bhavan_kumar_0-1719551985360.png

bhavan_kumar_1-1719552034558.png

A 4-bit address is transmit to the MCU (slave) from the base board (master). The MCU needs to place the data in the data bus as shown in the Figure 4-1. Is it possible to implement this in STM32H5 series? If not then suggests me some other STM MCUs with the following specifications:

1. Dimension between (5mmx5mm) to (9mmx9mm)

2. Pin count between 32 to 64

3. Package - Any package except ball grid array

Your help and advice much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello and welcome to the community,

Have a look at this article (used H7 but it applies also to H5): https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus/how-to-configure-and-use-the-pssi-on-the-stm32h7/ta-p/49811

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello and welcome to the community,

Have a look at this article (used H7 but it applies also to H5): https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus/how-to-configure-and-use-the-pssi-on-the-stm32h7/ta-p/49811

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.