cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, is there a simple Hello World project using STM32F7508-DK board with system view? Or any kind of STM MCU with system view ?

VPope.1
Associate II

I am using a STM32F7508-DK board, and I am trying to use system view on it. I've done everything mentioned on system view documentation, also changed the st-link firmware to j-link firmware, but with no result, I am not seeing any trace on system view. Is there a simple project available with any of STM MCUs and system view ?

4 REPLIES 4
Imen Ezzine
ST Employee

Hi VPope.1,

For the STM32F7508-DK, you can find a list of examples that ST deliver within the STM32CubeF7 .

Although it doesn't include a 'Hello World' example, but you can inspire from present examples for more applications.

For the trace problem, maybe you can tell me the IDE/tool you are using to see if I can advice you?

-Imen

VPope.1
Associate II

Hi Imen,

I am using IAR and also at the beginning I used STM32CubeIDE with same results.

Imen Ezzine
ST Employee

Hi VPope.1,

Just for clarification for the trace we have ITM trace and ETM trace:

• ITM (Instrumentation Trace Module ) is simple printf and it is possible via st-link
  • ETM (Embedded Trace Macrocell ) requires the use of an I-jet Trace probe in order to be able to observe data trace with IAR

If by trace you mean the use of second trace ETM then you need the I-jet trace. I guess this explains why you can't have result. Other IDE like KEIL needs another type of probe like ulink pro for the ETM (not sure for STM32CubeIDE)

Let me know if this help.

-Imen

VPope.1
Associate II

Hi, what I mean by trace, is the system view traces, I cannot see them on system view. That is why I was asking for a simple example with system view, it doesn't meter if it is on STM32F750-DK board(it would be ideal, but it will work for me if there is an example of system view working on a ST board), I just want to check what I am missing form my setup.