cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HI, I use cubeIDE. I was trying to use NVIC functions such as NVIC_SetPriority(EXTI1_IRQn,1), but the function and EXTI1_IRQn are not recognized, and it gives me an error. is there is a header file that I should add? Thanks very much.

SElkh.1
Associate

I am trying to write the drivers for stm32f401 nucleus without using HAL and by writing to registers directly. when I created the project I choose the target project to be empty instead of STM32Cube To make sure I do not add HAL drivers. I know there are files I need to add to use NVIC but not sure which. Thanks again.

0693W00000GW0QCQA1.png0693W00000GW0Q7QAL.png

2 REPLIES 2

I don't use CubeIDE, but the CMSIS header files in Cube are arranged so, that you should only #include "stm32f4xx.h", and based on a global define in makefile or equivalent (-DSTM32F401xE) and properly set paths to the header files, this includes the whole cascade of header files you'll need.

JW

Thanks for your response. When I created the project I chose the target project to be empty so it does not include HAL drivers. and when I include #include "stm32f4xx.h" it does not recognize it and it gives me an error. Can you please tell me how to set the path? and if choosing the target project type empty could be a reason. thanks again.