cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I am using STM32H723ZGT6 in my design, Needed the below details: 1. Worst case power consumption by it 2. Suggest an external SRAM IC that is supported by it. 3. Status on availability of it with LQFP package.

Sandeep1
Associate II

9 REPLIES 9
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee
  1. The data sheet mentions in section: 6.3.7: The current consumption is a function of several parameters and factors such as the operating voltage, ambient temperature, I/O pin loading, device software configuration, operating frequencies, I/O pin switching rate, program location in memory and executed binary code. So the power consumption heavily depends on your particular setup.
  2. Almost every SRAM with a supply voltage of 3.3V or below is supported and can be connected to the FMC (see data sheet, section 3.17 and the corresponding section in the reference manual RM0468).
  3. The community is a public forum for technical questions. For availability and other commercial questions, please contact your local or preferred distributor.

Hope that helps?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for the reply.

I am going to design a schematic with STM32H723.

I need STM32H723 reference schematic for the SRAM and QSPI.

There is no SRAM and QSPI schematic for STM32h723 on the website.

Can I get a reference schematic for this?

You're unlikely to find something to just copy-n-paste.

The QSPI connections are pretty consistent across STM32 platforms. The key thing here will be pins that are most usable, and routable. The mix of other peripherals and package will be the strongest drives, and some peripherals have either very specific/finite pin choices, and others soak up a lot of pins.

I'd have more confidence in 16-bit SDRAM for external RAM. There are other serial solutions, but I'm skeptical of band-width, and compatibility. You'll need to work with the memory vendors to better understand implementation details, and STM32 specific design examples. They are the most motivated to get a successful design win, and ST less likely to have tested all combinations, and newest variants.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

How much RAM does your application need?

External memory is relatively inefficient.

My application needs around 256KB of internal RAM.

The main purpose of the external RAM is for the future expansion. So looking for an option of 16-bit SDRAM with 64Mb size.

Is the board space constrained, or can you accommodate the larger TSOP-54 ?

Would probably look at the Winbond W98 series parts. I'd suspect several vendors have pin/foot-print compatible parts.

The 8MB (64Mb) being the smaller end capacity size.

https://github.com/RT-Thread-Studio/sdk-bsp-stm32h750-realthread-artpi/blob/master/documents/board/ART-Pi_HW_V1.5/ART-Pi_SCH_V1.5_Release.pdf

Hi

Sorry for the delayed response.

Space should not be a concern for my application, TSOP-54 should be okay.

LCE
Principal

Mind that

• FMC isn't really much faster than OSPI with HyperRam (that's what I read here)
  • FMC takes maaaany pins and might limit other peripherals depending on GPIO

If you take a look at the datasheet, you will find that H723, H725, H733, H735 are pin-compatible, so you might check some more development boards, like the H735 discovery kit (that has HyperRAM on OSPI, I'm using that, works great).

I don't know if there's any using FMC.

I might add my primary concern with OCTOSPI / HyperRAM is not speed, but more with availability and option. Finding a good pairing is possible, but think 2, 5 and 10 years out depending on anticipated design life.

16-bit SDRAM are prolific and multi-sourced, most of the speed and latency issues can be masked on Cortex-M7 platforms with the caching. Yes more pins for sure, but LFP/QFP parts and relatively low cost boards/techniques. Good probability of design working first time, plenty of examples from the configuration and layout perspective, lot of wiggle room for BoM level part substitution.