cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help : Bootloader and 2 flash sections on STM32U575

joeSD
Associate III

Hi All,

I am using a STM32U575QI and I am wondering if it would be possible to create my own boot loader and then split my FLASH into 2 sections. I know I can get the boot loader application to start at address 0x0800000 and I have offset the vector table and applicationA.

But what I am trying to figure out if it is possible to split FLASH in the linker file to allow me to have two applications, it would be the same project but two different versions of it. Basically I want the boot loader to run and I want to read application A and B from an SD card and store them in FLASH. Then have my boot loader run and decide which application to run.

From some research I know it can be possible with the two banks on the device without the need for a boot loader but wondered if it would be possible this way with a boot loader and 2 sections of FLASH.

Would I need to have a project each for application A and B and specify where the vector table is for both of them in each section of FLASH?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

Not sure there was much ambiguity in my last reply.

They need to have different linker files.

They need to be compiled separately, which generally means different projects.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".