cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hello guys i'm working on STM32F3 board, the port com does not appear when i plug the board on my pc i tried to install the STSW-STM32102 virtual com port driver but still don't work . I don't know what to do, can i get some help please ?

ANajj.2
Associate II

7 REPLIES 7
Mike_ST
ST Employee

Hello,

is it a custom board ? or an ST board ?

Maybe you simply need to install the ST-Link drivers:

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stsw-link009.html

it's an ST board.

i wanna know if the usb st-link and the usb user on the STM32F3 must be the two of them related to the pc or not

To start with your board, you'll see the debug port and virtual COM port on the USB ST-LINK port.

Please check on ST website whether there is a user manual for the board you have.

Sounds like the STM32F3-DISCO, it has two connectors.

To use the USER one you'd need to build a USB Device CDC/VCP

To use the ST-LINK/V2 one you'd need to check the schematic/manual to determine the USART and pins envolved.

For the USER one the STM32 code would need to be functioning correctly otherwise Windows will have all kinds of issues with it, its not tolerant.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

i've send data with uart protocol and wanted to visualize this data with this Realterm software but the com port didn't appear and i've used the ST-Link USB.

and i'm out of solutions right now and i can use some help.

Show what you've actually coded, the USART used, and the pins.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

nothing it's just a simple code that i want from it to visualise what i just send with the realterm software but the com won't app0693W000008zQpsQAE.png0693W000008zQpdQAE.pngear