cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone gotten the boot0 pin to work on an STM32G071? (SOLVED)

DWelc
Associate II

It goes into the bootloader only with a virgin part, once programmed once (using the bootloader) asserting boot0 during a power on or reset runs the application code not the bootloader.

15 REPLIES 15
lorenzo meneghello_2
Associate II

Hi,

have you solved? I've also this problem.. I've flashed 0x3A40EAAA at address 0x1FFF7800(FLASH->OPTR) and 0 at address 0x1FFF7870 (FLASH->SECR) but now I've the ST stuck, I see it via SWD but If I try to erase all flash it block me. Thanks.

JHerw.1
Associate

Hi, I have more or less the same problem. Generated code using STMCubeMX. PA14/BOOT0 defined as SWCLK, but can't reach the device using ST_LINK utility, so I can't program it any more. Anyone an idea what can be wrong here and how I can recover from this?

Marco Del Fiasco
Associate

I am working on a nucleo board to begin testing for a new project for one customer. I can confirm that after setting nBOOT_SEL=0 the BOOT0 pin is functional but you are able to enter the system memory bootloader only when the flash is blank. When application firmware is flashed then it always starts regardless BOOT0 pin state.

Help is needed, please.

jnewcomb
Associate II

On the STM32G - I had to first disconnect the SWD / JTAG debugger! (I was trying to verify steps for a customer)

For those who come along here, I have created a hex file, which does this job: https://github.com/olikraus/stm32g031/tree/main/enable_boot0

Thank you @OKrau.1​ - I was just writing a post about all this but decided to do some extra research, came to the same conclusion and was about to do exactly that. I will test on a STM32G071 nucleo and let you know if it works as confirmation for your repo.