cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAL_UART_Transmit and HAL_Delay cause Debug mode stop (STM32L152RET6)

DKim.33
Associate

Hello,

I have STM32L152RET6 IC attached on my board(Pos_Est_Rev_0), and I'm using NUCLEO-L152RE board to debug/run the firmware.

I'm trying UART communication by USART channel, but the following symptoms are found :

0693W00000QL7jJQAT.png1) When the debugger arrives to the line which runs HAL_UART_Transmit function and I press 'Step Over' button, the debug session stops and becomes like the picture.

(As you see, Step Over / Step Into / Step Resume buttons can't be pressed and the debug session couldn't be proceeded.)

2) The same situation happens at HAL_Delay function, too.

3) When I reduce the size of data to less than 10 bytes, HAL_UART_Transmit normally works once, but when the total size of the datas sent becomes over 10 bytes, the debug session dies in same way again.

4) When I step into the HAL_UART_Transmit function and send the data byte by byte in the debug session every time, the session doesn't die.

5) I've tried this same firmware debug session to the other board with STM32L152RET6 IC attached(IndyTab_Rev.B2), and the problem doesn't happen.

Probably it is hardware issue but I couldn't find the reason. Therefore, I've also attached the schematics of those two boards that I'm working with.

PS. In Pos_Est_Rev_0, I've removed R18(0ohm) from the board to detach the clock pin from other GPIO pin. D_01~D_20 were having no input during this test.

0 REPLIES 0