cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H723 - OCTOSPI: device's page size and wrap settings

LCE
Principal

Hey Octospi experts,

I just got an external quad-SPI SRAM (AP6404L-3SQN) running via the H723's Octospi.

At least mostly...

No HAL use, only direct register settings (except for writing via DMA, still using HAL_MDMA_Start_IT() to trigger the transfer).

Right now Memory-Mapped reading* is working, so does DMA writing.

And good that I tested with write / read buffers > 1024, the SRAM's page size, so that I found the page wrap problem early.

Question:

There are many STM32 registers concerning WRAP stuff, but can I set these up so that I don't need any other precautions vs page wrapping?

Esp. when doing memory-mapped reading (with the 8 byte limit) and DMA writing (probably not, as the ref manual says)?

Before spending another week on that and wrecking my nerves, I better ask here.

I honestly admit that I don't really understand the (slightly thin) documentation about the wrap part in the ref manual (RM0468, pg 923) - and I experienced that this is not always 100% reliable.

* Memory-Mapped writing is NOT working 100% reliable (sometimes it does...), as expected after advice from AP-Alex and this thread:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000iCq1hSAC/stm32h723-problem-with-serial-ram-in-memory-mapped-mode?t=1674625319580

2 REPLIES 2
LCE
Principal

Any hints or ideas anybody?

LCE
Principal

Nobody?

I really get some strange results, sometimes it's wrapping, sometimes it doesn't, depending on compilation, without having changed any OCTOSPI registers.