jrubis
Associate II
Posted on March 03, 2008 at 10:32

Green Hills Multi Template

22 REPLIES 22
jrubis
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:25

''The difference is that _start is in ARM mode, which of course is not allowed on the Cortex M3, while _start_T is in Thumb mode''

I thought this was the case. Maybe the 'T' is 'Thumb'?

''Also, the vector table entries are one byte higher than the actual handler routine addresses. This also indicates Thumb mode''

I have notice this, but wasn’t sure why. I thought it may had something to do with Thumb mode.

I had another issue in which initialized data wasn’t being initialized properly. I think I have resolved this by moving the .rodata section in the LD file. Not sure if this makes any sense or not.

jrubis
Associate II

I also ported over the EVB Demo Program and have it running now. Since this is a rather large program, with lots of functions, I figured it would be a good test.

ken
Associate II

I have changed my vector table to jump to _start_T instead of _start, and my app now runs fine out of flash. Pointing to _start generates a hard fault every time when running out of flash because it points to ARM code, which does not execute on the Thumb2 Cortex. Anyway, this is the final solution to my problem. Let me know if you have any more issues, although it sounds as though you are now running without problems also.