cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floating point operation with the STM32G0

Kmax18
Senior

Does the STM32G0 with the CMSIS libraries support floating point operations?

Is the G0 recommended for floating point operation, or should I use the F1 series instead?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Think through the math and the range of numbers at each stage of the computation, perhaps scale or used fixed point representations.

Get a device that will hold enough of the float library, a 16 KB Flash device is going to be a bit tight to do much, but the G0 and C0 parts come in some larger capacities.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

The Cortex-M0(+) uses software libraries for floating point, so does the Cortex-M3

On the M4F some simple operations are facilitated in hardware on the single-precision FPU

How much math and the precision will determine if 64 MHz operation is sufficient.

Thank you. Can you recommend a reference about algorithm implementations with integers only, not floating point?

Think through the math and the range of numbers at each stage of the computation, perhaps scale or used fixed point representations.

Get a device that will hold enough of the float library, a 16 KB Flash device is going to be a bit tight to do much, but the G0 and C0 parts come in some larger capacities.