cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

facing the difficulty of compiling the HAL code takes too long time.

Ark1
Associate II

Hi, i'm facing the difficulty of compiling the HAL driver codes takes nearly a 1:30 -3:00 min. So what should i do now?:sad_but_relieved_face:. it is quite a long compilation time for my application.

@Community member​ 

@Imen DAHMEN​ 

15 REPLIES 15
Ark1
Associate II

@Community member​ it's works very well. it means a lot for me. thanks a lot.

i have another doubt . this hal file could make my mcu slow?? bacause of a bunch of file.

Ark1
Associate II

@Community member​  I'm using intel core i3 and windows 10.

i have an doubt if i'm using the ssd on my pc whether it will reduce my compile time or not??

Ark1
Associate II

@Community member​  sorry jack. i don't have any idea what you are talking about?

Keil has a batch build option for multicore systems. A lot of RAM helps, one of my primary systems has 8 cores and 48GB of RAM.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Lead

Have you disabled the "Browse information" generation, and did it help ?

> I'm using intel core i3 and windows 10.

> i have an doubt if i'm using the ssd on my pc whether it will reduce my compile time or not??

There is nothing that suggests such long compile times. You could still check the resource usage during compile time with the Task Manager. SSD over normal HD will not have a significant influence, at least from the second build on. Win FS's use to cache a lot of small files.

BTW, I'm with Jack. CubeMX is not really a premium choice for an embedded project.

My SPL-based builds (full rebuilds) use to take only a few seconds as well.

Ark1
Associate II

@Community member​ yeah it worked out well.

could you elaborate the SPL ??, because i'm totally beginner at this.

for me cubemx is not reliable for me. i'm try to build it from scratch but results "premature optimization is a root cause of evil" so i get depressed.