cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know when STM32 MCUs are going to be available on the market? Is there any estimate time known?

Evgeniy Vasyliev
Associate III

Well, I know that this is the most commonly asked question these days, but let me please ask it. Maybe it will help me and future readers of this post.

I was working with STM32 MCUs for a quite long time, works great and it is planned to use new versions of the STM32H7 MCUs in the new projects, but... seems that STM32 are not available for purchase (0 on stock). Maybe there were any announcements made by the STMicroelectronics company regarding its future plans? Anyone knows?

3 REPLIES 3
Danish1
Lead II

This is not a problem unique to ST. There is a worldwide shortage of many different types of chips. And because of that, anyone who has need of chips for a production run in a few months but sees the chips they need available now will buy them now and hold onto them to be sure thst their production run happens. This makes the current chip shortage worse as so many people are hoarding all that manufacturers like ST can produce. And other people, seeing the shortage, will buy up stock to sell on at vastly inflated prices to those desperate to build products but can’t get stock from the regular distributors.

No-one can say with any certainty when things will get back to normal because it isn’t simply a case of when ST will be making chips at a rate faster than they are used, there is the psychology of the many people hoarding components.

Free stock at retail distribution will be the last thing to normalize.

If quoted lead-times exceed your own delivery expectations, then you'll need to find alternative parts, or source via brokers.

I would avoid old parts with significant usage and design-in, as demands on these will be especially high.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Nikita91
Lead II

You can go on distributor site like Farnell. They displays availability date.

Example STM32G071RBT6 : January 2023.

Most MCUs will be available between 07/2022 and 03/2023