cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disable debug in low power mode (sleep mode) in stm32u575

PESHWA
Associate II

hello ,

I am looking for disable debug in lower mode in stm32u575 MCU as they  have option to disable  debug mode in low power mode like "STOP 1 2 3 " but not available for low power sleep mode is there any  one have worked on it and dose it have some thing else i need to do or else with manually let me know ASAP    

1 REPLY 1
Pierre_Paris
ST Employee

Hello @PESHWA,

" When the device enters either Stop mode (clocks are stopped) or Standby mode (core power is switched off), the debugger can no longer access the debug access port and loses the connection with the device. To avoid this, the debugger (or software) can set DBG_STANDBY and/or DBG_STOP in DBGMCU_CR. These bits, when set, maintain the clock and power to the processor while the device is in the corresponding low-power mode. The processor remains in Sleep mode, and exits the low-power mode in the normal way. Peripheral devices continue to operate, so the device behaviour may not be identical to the one in the actual low-power mode. " (extract from RM0456 chapter 75 Debug Support)

When you enter in sleep mode, the CPU clock is OFF but all peripherals continue to operate. This includes the DBG_MCU block which remains attached to the target to continue debugging when you wake up from sleep. Why do you want to disable the debugger ? 

Kind Regards,

Pierre

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.