cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different stm32F103 behaving differently

Gladson
Associate III

I have purchased STM32F103c8t6 microcontrollers from three different vendors, but they are behaving differently.

I am working on CAN, and on the microcontrollers from one vendor, it is working properly. But on the microcontrollers from other two vendors it is having issues with receiving CAN data. I am using same firmware on all microcontrollers and the CAN bus hardware is also same. by just replacing the microcontroller from different vendors I am having issues.

So, what could be the issue which is causing the receiving issues with microcontroller. I tried lowering the baud rate from 500,000 to 40,000 as I thought that it is having issues with high frequency. but it still is not working. The problem is only for receiving, it is able to transmit properly. I also set a breakpoint inside the receive callback function, but the program is not even going there.

The microcontroller which is working properly

Gladson_2-1711604190715.png

The microcontrollers which have issues with receiving data.

Gladson_0-1711603786582.png

Gladson_1-1711604090049.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

I am 100% sure that there is at least one counterfeit among your devices, which can/will always happen if you buy STM32 from unauthorised dealers. You should check the devices again carefully, for which there are now a number of tools from users, e.g. from GreaseWeazle

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

I am 100% sure that there is at least one counterfeit among your devices, which can/will always happen if you buy STM32 from unauthorised dealers. You should check the devices again carefully, for which there are now a number of tools from users, e.g. from GreaseWeazle

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.