cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete repository files STM32Cube

luke514
Senior

I urgently need to free up space on Windows and this folder weighs about 20gb.

Obviously I plan to save all these files in a flash drive before deleting it, to avoid any kind of problem,

But I ask you what is this folder, what files it contains and if I can delete all or some of them .. maybe keeping the most recent versions ?

luke514_0-1714828657993.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

This is the folder used by CubeMx to copy the drivers/examples ...

If you ant to free up space, indeed you need to keep the latest Cube version and delete the older ones for a specific family.

For example, for F1 family remove 1.7.0 and 1.8.4. If there will be somthing missing or you deleted accidently a folder CubeMx will request you to downloade the missed folder.  So don't worry you can remove even all Cube packages and download them one by one.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

This is the folder used by CubeMx to copy the drivers/examples ...

If you ant to free up space, indeed you need to keep the latest Cube version and delete the older ones for a specific family.

For example, for F1 family remove 1.7.0 and 1.8.4. If there will be somthing missing or you deleted accidently a folder CubeMx will request you to downloade the missed folder.  So don't worry you can remove even all Cube packages and download them one by one.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.