cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug problem

Angle
Associate II

Hi, I have a problem where I cannot debug my code bcs of this error. Anyone know how to solve these problem?

btw im using the STM32H750VBT6x for MCU and ST-LINK V2

0693W00000WJ9R2QAL.png

8 REPLIES 8
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

This often means that the debugger cannot fit the program into the target memory.

STM32H750 has only 128 of internal flash. Is your program too big?

No, Im just try to debug the simple basic program like "Hello World" using serial debug only. So, what is possible mistake that I have make?

0693W00000WJ9T8QAL.png 

0693W00000WJ9TNQA1.png

Check the link script, are the memory regions defined correctly? Is the initial stack address correct?

Sorry but where is the link script? You mean the c code? sorry im still new to stm32 environment

The link script is the .ld file. You can find its complete name in Linker settings.

C/C++ build->Settings->Tool settings->MCU GCC linker->General

This is the setting. So, where do i need to change?

0693W00000WJNJ2QAP.png

I think Pavel was suggesting you review/inspect the .LD file and confirm that the FLASH size was clearly reflected.

This looks more like some connectivity issue with the GDB side and the debugger.

It frustrates me that this whole thing is so fragile and the reporting vague and non-specific. This is something ST could clean up and save so much forum noise.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

ya i do understand that Pavel ask me to review the .ld file. But I didn't found where is the .ld file. I follow the Pavel instruction to find in the linker setting but that all in linker setting. I have been stuck at this debugger problem almost a week. waste so much time already.