cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicating through WiFi between two B-U585I-IOT02A boards (NO INTERNET)

juyec
Associate II

Hello!

I'm trying to communicate between two B-U585I-IOT02A boards through Wi-Fi. I just want to be able to send a simple hello world message to one board from the other. My current thought is to set up a simple Wi-Fi network with one board as an access point and the other board as a station, but I'm not entirely sure how to go about doing that between all of the libraries and middlewares available. I started with the WiFiBasics example but the Network Interface fails to connect when setting up the access point. It manages to advertise a WiFi beacon so the station board can detect and connect to it, but I'm not sure if the connection is fully established. Is there anyone that has any experience setting up wireless communication on a network without internet? I apologize if any of this was something obvious - I'm still relatively new to the ST ecosystem and wrapping my head around all of the libraries has been rough.

Thank you,

Jake U.

2 REPLIES 2
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

The wi-fi module on this board is not a ST product, it is made by MXCHIP.

See documentation on their web site (sorry cannot post a link, else mods will wipe my reply).

Wi-fi is complicated, you may want to outsource this task (find a consultant).

Thanks for the reply! I was hoping to use the middleware and BSP/Components packages that ST includes in their firmware for the B-U585I-IOT02A board instead of having to write those files from the code on the MXCHIP website.