cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Program STM32F103c86

RR.7
Associate II

I have bought a new stm32f103c86 and I am trying to program it first time. To program the STM32 Blue Pill board I am using a using a USB to serial converter. The Rx and Tx pin of the Converter is connected to the A9 and A10 pin of the STM32 respectively. And the board is powered through the converter also. I have also made BOOT0 to 1 and BOOT1 to 0. STM32 board is connect to computer though the converter and then launch the Flash Loader demonstrator. But the target device is not detected. Anyone please help me in this issue. I am new to this. Please find the attached screen shots

9 REPLIES 9
TDK
Guru

Did you reset the chip after setting the BOOTx jumpers? Is GND connected? Hard to tell in the photo.

Should work. Recheck connections, verify power rail.

https://circuitdigest.com/microcontroller-projects/programming-stm32f103c8-board-using-usb-port

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
TDK
Guru

Also note that typical jumper wires are of very poor quality and can fail electrically (open or intermittent circuit) without showing any physical signs except under close inspection.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
RR.7
Associate II

I have reset the device. Also provide ground. But i didnot soldered​ the header pins. Is this will be the reason?

Yes. Unsoldered header pins are unlikely to provide a reliable electrical connection.
RR.7
Associate II

Ok Thank you Sir. But my doubt is that even if it is unsoldered, the controller is powered through the header pins from the usb to serial converter. Then unsoldering is a main issue?

Javier1
Principal

You could try to flash it using a ST-link or the USB DFU, just to rule out the device being broken.

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk
RR.7
Associate II

i have done all the steps upto Preparing the Arduino IDE and Installing the Drivers in https://circuitdigest.com/microcontroller-projects/programming-stm32f103c8-board-using-usb-port. Is the arduino IDE installation is important ? Because I am going to work with STM cube IDE. After uploading the boot loader and setting the BOOT0 to 0.

When try to flash(run) the code on the device using mini USB it shows No ST-Link detected.

when tried with ST link debugger on the stm32f407vg Development board and tried to flash/run the code it shows No device found on target. what will be the reason. Anyone please tell me the reason for these two issues. (No problem with connections)

gbm
Lead III

You definitely DO HAVE a problem with connections in both cases (boot mode and debug).

Firstly - your USB VCOM in RS232, not logic level. Are you sure that the outputs from MAX transceiver are disabled? You cannot connecte an active TxD output from STM32 to another active output from MAX232 or similar.

If you need help, start by providing a real schematic of your connections. Boot mode requires 3 wires - GND, RXD, TXD.

TDK
Guru

> Is the arduino IDE installation is important ? Because I am going to work with STM cube IDE.

The blue pill doesn't have ST-Link on the board, and it sounds like you're using a UART to program it instead. This is not compatible with the standard STM32CubeIDE workflow.