cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the difference between stm32l152c8t6 and stm32l152c8t6a be shared?

ZJian.2
Associate II

I read the datasheet, a = device generation a, but I don't know what the difference is. Can you explain it in detail?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @ZJian.2,

Let me first welcome you to the STM32 Community =)

I attached the Excel file detailing and comparing the characteristics of STM32L152C8Tx with STM32L152C8TxA.

The difference is on RAM:

• STM32L152C8Tx = 10 KB
  • STM32L152C8TxA = 32 KB

0693W00000ANpsZQAT.jpgYou can use the ST-MCU-FINDER tool (integrated also in STM32CubeMX) which offers the features to compare the characteristics of two or more MCUs through the "Cross Selector" tab. I advise you to refer to the UM1718 in section "Cross selector" for more details.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing "Select as Best". This will help other users find that answer faster 😊.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Guess you'd want to look at the Reference Manual and DEV_ID, and then the Errata, which should indicate the types of things fixed in later steppings of the IC

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Sorry,I don't know what you're talking about. You seem to offer a way, but that's not what I want to ask for.

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @ZJian.2,

Let me first welcome you to the STM32 Community =)

I attached the Excel file detailing and comparing the characteristics of STM32L152C8Tx with STM32L152C8TxA.

The difference is on RAM:

• STM32L152C8Tx = 10 KB
  • STM32L152C8TxA = 32 KB

0693W00000ANpsZQAT.jpgYou can use the ST-MCU-FINDER tool (integrated also in STM32CubeMX) which offers the features to compare the characteristics of two or more MCUs through the "Cross Selector" tab. I advise you to refer to the UM1718 in section "Cross selector" for more details.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing "Select as Best". This will help other users find that answer faster 😊.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

There's also a migration document between the non-suffixed and -A-suffixed STM32L15x, TN1176.

JW