cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We would like to upgrade our PCB with a more recent STM32 chip. Could you please recommend us which chip of the STM32 family is compatible or closer to the old ST10F269?

HTate.1
Associate

Dear ST Community,

We have an old PCB with a ST10F269 chip on it.

We would like to upgrade our PCB with a more recent STM32 chip.

Could you please recommend us which chip of the STM32 family is compatible or closer to the old ST10F269?

We want to apply less changes to the existing PCB and therefore we are looking for a chip which might be pin to pin

compatible (ST10F269) with a similar architecture. We are aware that the ST10F269 is 16 bit and the STM32 is a 32 bit.

Thank you! 

2 REPLIES 2
Ozone
Lead

First off, you should as ke this question a ST representative of official distributor.

On a public forum like this, you might get quite a variety of answers.

I don't know what architecture the ST10 chips are, but AFAIK they are not related to Cortex M at all (as the STM32 family).

I would not expect any pin-compatible replacements.

The STM32 devices are quite flexible in IO configuration, i.e. most IO pins can fulfill different roles alternatively.

Thus you might be able to minimize the impact of a redesign.

Replacing a 16-bit MCU with advertised 20MIPS, I think a Cortex M0/M0+ with proper memory and peripheral units would suffice for your purpose.

Be aware that the NRND date for the very early STM32 models draws closer as well, so ask you ST rep about it.

HTate.1
Associate

@Ozone​  Thank you for your reply!