cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN FD multiple MCUs

Arjun_Bansal
Associate III

I am trying to connect 2 NUCLEO-G0B1RET6 boards,using CAN FD. I previously did it using CAN, But now i am trying to connect these boards using CAN FD. So far no success,I want to know if it is possible to do it using CANFD.Kindly help me in this regard.

27 REPLIES 27

Tomorrow I will try again,once I have my setup ready, I'm grateful for your continuous support.

Karl Yamashita
Lead II

You can look into the NCV7344 from ON Semiconductor. It's CAN FD compliant and it can interface a 3V-5V Microcontroller.

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.

ROHM BD41041FJ-C (adding for Google spidering..)

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I tested voltage level on Pins,

1. Transceiver TX pin-3.316v

2. Transceiver VCC-5.05v

Show a drawing on how all your boards and transceivers, terminating resistors and power supplies are connected

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

VIHmin  = 5.05V x 0.7 = 3,535V > 3.316V (VDD) -> out of the transceiver spec. As I said, you have to use a 3.3V transceiver. Or test TxD pin in OD config

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello, I have attached photos,Please let me know if there is any problem.

According to your schematics connections look good.

Did you tried the OD config for TxD pin?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Are the grounds common to both MCU and CAN Transceivers? Need to be sure you're not using a separate power supply for each one. Also you didn't really indicate what is the actual problem other than you saying no success. Can you transmit but not receive? Or both? You haven't shown any code so we don't know if you set it up correctly?

Looking at his diagram, the power is ok. Each node has its own main power supply (5V). He doesn't show that the transceiver GND is connected to the GND of the Nucleo board but I suppose he did it.