cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build compiler error

SivM
Associate II

I am using STM32U575ZI cortex- M33 controller. I am able to generate a code for the same micro controller in CUBE MX. But in Cube IDE I couldn't able to build the files. It shows some compiler error. like,

"../Drivers/CMSIS/Include/cmsis_gcc.h: In function '__get_CONTROL':

../Drivers/CMSIS/Include/cmsis_gcc.h:219:1: sorry, unimplemented: Thumb-1 hard-float VFP ABI":

I don't know why this error appeared in build operation.

5 REPLIES 5
Bubbles
ST Employee

Hi @SivM​,

try attaching the *.ioc file you created in the cubeMX. I can try to retrace your steps then and give specific advice.

BR,

J

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

AScha.3
Chief II

maybe you include driver with fpu (hardware) commands,

but in project-> here ...you have software fpu set.

0693W00000WLdHGQA1.pngset to hardware...

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Brian H
Senior

Sorry for bumping an old thread but this is exactly the problem I'm running into as well.  

Device: STM32H563IIKx

I cannot attach the .ioc file because of the following error:

"The attachment command_module.ioc's application type does not match its file extension and has been removed."  After three attempts, "The maximum number of attachments has been reached" even though each one was removed.

In reference to AScha.3's comment, I found that the "Floating-point ABI" selection was set to software, but there are no other choices in that drop-down.  The "Floating-point unit" drop-down above it has no options listed:

BrianH_0-1693424758907.png

According to the STMicro website, the 'H563IIK has a hardware single-precision FPU.

Needless to say, it's a bit of a problem that the STM32 Cube toolchain generates an unbuildable project...

Brian H
Senior

Ok, looks like .7z format is allowed.  .zip is not?!  Anyway, here's the .ioc compressed in a .7z file.

Brian H
Senior

Note: The problem is in 1.9.0 and is resolved in 1.13.1.  Unfortunately, trying to update from within 1.9.0 doesn't work; a problem that is discussed here.