cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken STM32

MSzła.1
Associate III

Hi, I have a problem with a module based on STM32, more precisely it is a module that collects data from the ebike, i.e. temperature, speed, etc. This system is powered by an external 12 V converter, which reduces the voltage from approximately 80 V (20S battery). This converter is a ready-made module from Aliexpress. Coming back to my module, I don't know why, but after a few turn on/off cycles, the module stops working and burns out the STM. I have two linear stabilizers in the module, which respectively reduce the voltage to 5 V and 3.3 V. Is it possible that during startup (applying voltage to my module) voltage spikes appear somewhere, which burn the STM? I added the project schematics.

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

> Coming back to my module, I don't know why, but after a few turn on/off cycles, the module stops working and burns out the STM.

If the 12V module is failing, that would be an issue to look into separate of the STM32.

If the STM32 is driven by an LDO, it shouldn't be seeing voltage spikes.

Note that max voltage of a 20S LiPo battery is going to be around 84V, not 80V. Is the module designed for this? You would typically want some margin on top of that as well.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".