cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader OTA stm32l072

Wave
Associate II

The micro STM32L072kz supports the OTA (Over-The-Air) method, I would like to perform the bootloader through the main firmware, without the need to use a USB cable or bus, write a firmware that with the help of a 4G modem downloads a new firmware from the cloud, records it on bank2 and then makes the transfer without using a USB cable or any bus.

2 REPLIES 2

>>The micro STM32L072kz supports the OTA (Over-The-Air) method

Well in the sense that it will run any code you put on it..

It would be helpful to stage the firmware some where. A second bank would likely work, as would as Serial NOR Flash. Check if the modem can store/cache a file it downloads within it's own file system, so you can download and check the entire file before initiating the update process. That was you can simplify the update process significantly, as it wouldn't have to deal with down load issues, or a host of other potential failings.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

But how could I do the execution transfer process from bank1 to bank2? since there would be no serialization on the computer. I saw some information that this stm32l072 series cannot jump banks, as it contains dual boot, and that it only makes the bootloader with serial or bus. And I needed to discard the serial and bus, do everything through the firmware