cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOOT0 pin and SWCLK pin are the same pin - Is that OK?

DMårt
Lead

Hi!

I'm using STM32G030F6P6 TSSOP-20 and I notice that BOOT0 pin and SWCLK pin are the same pin. If I want to program the STM32G030F6P6 MCU, then I only need SWDIO and SWCLK and NRST pin and forget about the BOOT0 pin because BOOT0 pin is not avaiable if I have SWDIO?

0693W00000BadcFQAR.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
It depends on how BOOT0 is wired and the relevant option bytes. I would imagine the nucleo board is set up to run user code automatically, but I'm not going to double check.
If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TDK
Guru

You don't need BOOT0 to program.

You will need to tie BOOT0 low to boot to user code, or set the corresponding option bytes to boot to user code.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Thank you for your answer. I don't know what "user code" is, but I assume you mean programming with UART?

OK! Then I know that I can ignore the BOOT0 and only use ST-LINKV2 to program the MCU above via SWDIO and SWCLK and NRST.

TDK
Guru

The chip can either boot to system memory (aka bootloader) or the flash (aka user code). BOOT0 (or option bytes which override it) selects which one is selected.

So programming with ST-LINKV2 (e.g Nucleo board) then I will boot from user code?

It depends on how BOOT0 is wired and the relevant option bytes. I would imagine the nucleo board is set up to run user code automatically, but I'm not going to double check.

Well, the Nucleo board have SW-pins such as SWDIO, SWCLK and in this case BOOT0 and SWCLK shares the same pin.