cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

book for stm32f0xxx

Sandeep singh
Associate II
Posted on June 06, 2017 at 18:16

which is the best book available to learn everything about stm32f0xx micro controller

15 REPLIES 15
Posted on June 08, 2017 at 01:54

Hey!

Take a break, make yourself some good coffee. 

Only after that.....

Open the ref manual you've downloaded,

Take a quick view on something like clock tree or clock distribution diagram in the ref manual.

If you are still confused, S

tart another thread. 

Posted on June 08, 2017 at 04:02

u r right  

Posted on June 08, 2017 at 10:47

I cannot recommend The Definitve Guide series more, which go deep into Cortex-M internals.  If you want something beginner to intermediate and hands-on, check out

https://leanpub.com/mastering-stm32

ebook. While it is targeted to STM32F4 and CubeMX, downscaling to F0/L0 series should be more or less straightforward from my experience.

That said, given the possibilities, I would consider starting development using some Cortex-M4 board, F4Discovery or F446 Nucleo, for example. The F4s have more memory and less surprises for a beginner. Don't get me wrong, F0 is fine for many final applications, but has more limited resources. This is more a personal opinion than a requirement, others may disagree.

Ah, make sure to check this out:

https://stm32f4-discovery.net/

Posted on June 08, 2017 at 11:40

Don't get me wrong, F0 is fine for many final applications, but has more limited resources.

Commercial users tend to see this different.

Most often 'As much as necessary, and as cheap as possible'.

No Featuritis ...

Posted on June 08, 2017 at 12:28

You quoted my saying 'F0 is fine for final applications'. We are discussing about helping beginner learn. Am I missing something?

Posted on June 08, 2017 at 12:40

First, M0/M0+ devices have a definitive share in business, I guess larger (in numbers sold) than the M4 and M7.

And second, I would not really recommend to start with the more/most complex examples.

I got into the MCU business with simple 8051 and Z8 cores - many design concepts have not changed since then.

The OP explicitly asked for M0 ...