cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B-U585: Qualify SSID with space: Not good!

Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Hello,

the B-U585 Demo when asking for the SSID qualifies a name with a spacebar. Problem is, that many SSIDs contain a space by itself, like "FRITZ!Box 7530 ..." or "Galaxy ...". As the application does not echo what is sees, useres are left in the dark. Updated firmware would be welcome!

4 REPLIES 4
Guillaume K
ST Employee

Hello

what do you mean by "qualifies a name with a spacebar" ? do you mean the B-U585 demo doesn't accept a SSID name with a space character in it ?

Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Yes!

The demo also does not echo what it had understood, e.g. echo the SSID Name when it starts to connect.

Guillaume K
ST Employee

So I understand the problem is in the IOT_HTTP_WebServer demo, in Firmware\Projects\B-U585I-IOT02A\Demonstrations\IOT_HTTP_WebServer\Core\Src\console.c, in webserver_console_get_ssid() function.

I agree there is no reason to exclude space character in SSID name.

You can remove the check for space character in the input loop:

do
  {
    if (HAL_UART_Receive(&Console_UARTHandle, (uint8_t *) &ch, 1, HAL_MAX_DELAY) != HAL_OK)
    {
      return CONSOLE_ERROR;
    }

SSID[count] = ch;
    count++;

} while ((ch != '\n') && (ch != ' ') && (ch != 0));

remove "&& (ch != ' ')"

it will be corrected in the code.

Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

But the problem is in the out-of-the-box code, and so new users will stumble on that. Compiling the example isa big block for the faint-hearted, or beginner or makefile users. Consider providing a changed binary at least for download.