cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B-L462E-CELL1 unable to connect to network or registration on network failed using regular sim cards

sgupt.11
Associate II

I am unable to connect to the network, it shows the network attach on the oled display but the network strength is zero. Tried different sim cards, but still not working. Also unable to configure modem using AT COMMANDS shows " at command fail". I am attaching some screenshots of the serial monitor and board for reference. 0693W00000bhZGwQAM.png0693W00000bhZGrQAM.png0693W00000bhZGhQAM.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
Ronan GABOU
ST Employee

Hello,

Can you provide a complete log file ?

In which country you run the test ?

Thank you.

Ronan,

sgupt.11
Associate II

thank you sir for reply,

here I am attaching log file. I'm running the test in INDIA. I'm using regular 4G Simcard of JIO carrier(not m2m simcard). I tried but there is no network using the original preprogrammed code that came with discovery kit.

Ronan GABOU
ST Employee

By default modem FW is LTE CatM, TP eSIM is for LTE CatM so it matchs.

In case you must use a plastic SIM card there are 2 possibilities.

Either it is a SIM card for a LTE CatM network in this case it should work without modification.

Either it is a NBIoT cellular network in this case an AT command must be used to switch modem fw from LTE CatM to BNIoT.

Note to reuse the device on LTE CatM a similar AT command must be used.

Here are the AT commands:

at at%setacfg=radiom.config.preferred_rat_list,"NBIOT" for Cellular NBIoT

at at%setacfg=radiom.config.preferred_rat_list,"CATM" for Cellular LTE CatM

To know the current status (get instead of set)

at at%getacfg=radiom.config.preferred_rat_list

Also note that in case a plastic SIM is inserted it has the priority regarding eSIM/TP.

So in case you network is NBIoT you must change modem FW from LTE CatM to NBIoT with previous commands

sgupt.11
Associate II

Does Truphone has LTE CaTM or NBIoT support in India? Does regular 4G LTE plastic simcards(used in cell phones) support CaTM or NBIoT or Will work this discovery board? Or I need M2M specific LTE CaTM or NBIoT simcards only?

Ronan GABOU
ST Employee

Truphone coverage see www.truphone.com/

Regular plastic support CatM NBIoT ? ... refer to Cellular operator of the SIM card

I guess regular plastic cellular 4G LTE sim cards don't support CaT M1 or NBIoT. Thank you for your help.

sgupt.11
Associate II

Hello sir,

I tried this command (at at%setacfg=radiom.config.preferred_rat_list,"CATM" for Cellular LTE CatM) on teraterm terminal, but nothing happened or no acknowledgement or no response i'm getting from the controller. How do i know that command has been set or sent to controller. I am attaching the log file, please take a look.

Ronan GABOU
ST Employee

Do not "trace off"

And:

at at%getacfg=radiom.config.preferred_rat_list

Your trace indicates : at at%setacfg=radiom.config.preferred_rat_list,CAT"CATM"

which is noit the command I provide you.

Thank you