Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application (.hex) Flash Write on STM32F407

dpravinkumar6199
Associate II
Posted on February 07, 2015 at 06:00

Hai all,

Now i am working with STM32F407 for OTA (Over the air) via ethernet.

I can able to receive some sample bytes of data via ethernet and i can able to write on flash successfully.

Now i want to flash write one Application(LED toggle Application .hex file) on STM32F407.

Kindly anyone help me plz..

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on February 07, 2015 at 13:03

I generally OTA in a packaged binary form, the Intel Hex format is not particularly complicated, would you not just be able to parse the stream line by line?

http://www.interlog.com/~speff/usefulinfo/Hexfrmt.pdf

http://www.keil.com/support/docs/1584/

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
dpravinkumar6199
Associate II
Posted on February 09, 2015 at 05:56

Now i am using ARM 32-bit Cortexâ„¢-M4(STM32F407). 

I had generated one GPIO toggle  application (.hex) using COOCOX.Kindly suggest me which is an easiest way of OTA for this device(STM32F407).I have doubt like,should i read stream line by line for FLASH WRITE into particular  location???

Kindly give  over all instruction regarding OTA for  ARM 32-bit Cortexâ„¢-M4(STM32F407). 

Please...

Posted on February 09, 2015 at 07:36

If you're going to be a programmer you're going to have to learn to do things yourself. It's perhaps a bit much to expect others to do your work, write you tutorials or assuage your doubts.

The hex format is not very complicated, read it in a line at a time, and program the bytes to the address that it specifies. It ASCII text, and has been used for decades. There are some IAP (In Application Programming) examples for the STM32, you might want to review those if you're unsure about the flashing process. You might also want to look at the System Loader, and either the serial Flash Loader Demonstrator, or USB DfuSe software.

You could try processing the .HEX file using C code, and STDIO functions, on a PC until you are comfortable with the format, the addressing, bytes and checksumming.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..