cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About DFSDM_TUTORIAL.xlsx

marchalloakbow
Associate II

hello

I have a question about the tutorial for the DFSDM excel file.

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/technical_article/group0/1b/40/1d/43/1b/8d/47/65/dfsdm_tutorial/files/dfsdm_tutorial.xlsx/jcr:content/translations/en.dfsdm_tutorial.xlsx

In the "DFSDM configurator" sheet, what the "Sampling frequency" on B6 cell means?

I am setting the clock frequency (2~3.25MHz for MEMS mic) and results similar sampling rate with actual data plot. 

I'd like to make sure I understand the parameter correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Masaru

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @marchalloakbow​ ,

Sorry for the delayed reply on this.

The “sampling frequency�? means the input serial clock – rate at which is the serial data provided from the sigma-delta modulator.

Each parameter has in XLS some hint – to show explanation. For example:

0693W000007ZCweQAG.jpg 

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it fully answered your question. This will help other users find this solution more quickly.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @marchalloakbow​ ,

You should make sure to select right Trigger slection.

Which mode are you using (Serial/parallel mode) ?

Please share your paramater setting for check your use case.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
marchalloakbow
Associate II

@Imen DAHMEN​ 

Hello Ms. Imen​, thank you for your comment.

I am using Serial mode, and Trigger selection is continuous, 64000 Hz.

Besides the question above, I'd like to know where to read to understand these trigger setting.

Let me check with the expert team and will come back to you with details.

Imen

Thanks
Imen

@Imen DAHMEN​  OK, I look forward to the details!

@Imen DAHMEN​ Please let me know when you have any updates:) Thank you in advance.

Hi @marchalloakbow​ ,

Sorry for the delayed reply on this.

The “sampling frequency�? means the input serial clock – rate at which is the serial data provided from the sigma-delta modulator.

Each parameter has in XLS some hint – to show explanation. For example:

0693W000007ZCweQAG.jpg 

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it fully answered your question. This will help other users find this solution more quickly.

Imen

Thanks
Imen