cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 memories

JJuli.1
Associate II

I have 2 memories with not the same type the first is hyperram and the second is nor flash and it is mandatory for my project to use both of them.i am not sure how to do so or if is it possible to use one on the st board and link the other one separately? on another one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChahinezC
Lead

Hi @JJuli.1​,

For the STM32H7B0 you can connect 2 memories independently in multiplexed mode and use the OCTOSPI I/O manager to set a fully programmable pre-mapping of the OCTOSPI1 and OCTOSPI2 signals.

For example the HyperRAM can be connected to Port1 and an NOR flash memory can be connected to Port2.

For more details, I advise you to refer to the "OCTOSPI I/O manager" section of the AN5050.

Thank you.

Chahinez.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @JJuli.1​,

Can you please specify the MCU or board you are using?

Thank you.

Chahinez.

I am using STM32H7B0

ChahinezC
Lead

Hi @JJuli.1​,

For the STM32H7B0 you can connect 2 memories independently in multiplexed mode and use the OCTOSPI I/O manager to set a fully programmable pre-mapping of the OCTOSPI1 and OCTOSPI2 signals.

For example the HyperRAM can be connected to Port1 and an NOR flash memory can be connected to Port2.

For more details, I advise you to refer to the "OCTOSPI I/O manager" section of the AN5050.

Thank you.

Chahinez.