cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMonitor-UCPD 1.1.0 crashes when a board is connected

asmi
Associate II

If I run the application without any boards connected, it launches OK (showing "Please connect your board(s)!", but as soon as I connect the board (tried that with STM32G071B-DISCO and Nucleo-G474RE with X-NUCLEO-USBPDM1 attached and programmed for USB PD, and results were the same) and I click "Refresh list of connected boards", it crashes to desktop. If I run the application while having board already connected, it just crashes immediately. I tried launching it as administrator, and results were the same, but this time error log files appeared in the program directory. I've attached one of them hoping it will help with investigation. Among other things, it contains information about my system.

Any help with this would be appreciated. I'm working on a project that will use G4 MCU for USB PD, so I need to get this to work, as the whole point I've bought DISCO board was to use it as CC sniffer.

12 REPLIES 12

Hello Asmi

Thanks for the good news.

We are working to make a new version of the tool with a built-in JRE. It should be available in September, and will solve the issue for everyone.

Best regards

Stephane

Landry
Senior

For your information , STM32CubeMonitor-UCPD 1.1.1 has been released this week to solve this incompatibility issue with recent version of JRE.

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubemonucpd.html

Just tested it and it works like sharm! Thank you very much!