cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello everyone, I'm trying to implement STL library on STM32G431 microcontroller (GCC compiler) and I'm having some difficult to configure all parameters like memory region and CRC values (Check_Sum). Is there some manual or hand's on for help me ?

DenisNeves
Associate
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Petr Sladecek
ST Employee

Hello,

it is not quite clear which STL library is the matter. At X-CUBE-CLASSB case targeting home appliances to comply with IEC60335 and IEC60730, there is dedicated AN4435 user manual. As GCC compiler doesn't support CRC calculation over the code binary, the check sum is calculated by running specific post build batch (crc_gen_gcc.bat) which modifies the final hex file. At case of X-CUBE-STL targeting industrial applications to comply mainly with IEC61508, if you work with a legal copy of the FW available after signing NDA with ST, you should receive complete safety and user documentation with the FW package delivery. CRC calculation is invoked here by specific post build line command of the ST Cube Programmer. Both the solutions modify the compiled binary file and allocate the CRC results out of the application binary code.

Best regards,

Petr

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Petr Sladecek
ST Employee

Hello,

it is not quite clear which STL library is the matter. At X-CUBE-CLASSB case targeting home appliances to comply with IEC60335 and IEC60730, there is dedicated AN4435 user manual. As GCC compiler doesn't support CRC calculation over the code binary, the check sum is calculated by running specific post build batch (crc_gen_gcc.bat) which modifies the final hex file. At case of X-CUBE-STL targeting industrial applications to comply mainly with IEC61508, if you work with a legal copy of the FW available after signing NDA with ST, you should receive complete safety and user documentation with the FW package delivery. CRC calculation is invoked here by specific post build line command of the ST Cube Programmer. Both the solutions modify the compiled binary file and allocate the CRC results out of the application binary code.

Best regards,

Petr