cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the pins for measuring back emf when configured in the Motor SDK?

DTort.1
Associate III

Hello, I am using a B-G431B-ESC1 board and want to set up my motor with speed control via back emf in MotorControl Workbench 5.4.7 or 5.Y.2 (I checked both there and there). On the board, these are pins PA4, PC4, PB11 and PB5, but I don't see this initialized in the SDK. In the speed sensing section, I have sensor-less (Observer + PLL) installed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cedric H
ST Employee

Hello,

The MC SDK is dedicated to FOC algo. Our FOC algo does not use back emf sensing, this is why the back emf pins are not initialized.

As the board is also 6steps compatible, everything is ready to do speed control via back emf sensing, but this configuration is not developed yet.

Regards

Cedric

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Dupe, add topics (edit) for post to appear in multiple sub-forum

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000012PbqcSAC/where-are-the-pins-for-measuring-back-emf-when-configured-in-the-motor-sdk

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
cedric H
ST Employee

Hello,

The MC SDK is dedicated to FOC algo. Our FOC algo does not use back emf sensing, this is why the back emf pins are not initialized.

As the board is also 6steps compatible, everything is ready to do speed control via back emf sensing, but this configuration is not developed yet.

Regards

Cedric

Thanks a lot! I understood everything, I just did not take into account that back emf is not used with FOC.

If 6-step control comes up it would be great.