cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying Motor Control Work Bench with STM32G473VETx. Inverter board disappears!

MMoha.10
Associate III

I am trying to run The Motor Control Work Bench using my custom board. I created an inverter profile by cloning one of the existing boards, as below.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkIuHQAU.pngI made the necessary changes to map pinout of my board. The board appears on the inverter page, as below (referred as TEST BOARD).

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkIsgQAE.pngHowever, if I change the MCU to STM32G473VETx , the board immediately disappears from the list and I cannot use it to create my Motor Control Project.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkIugQAE.pngHow to fix this?

I noticed, it's only taking MCUs that are already existing in the Motor Control Work Bench, for example, STM32G474QETx, STM32G431CBUx etc. But how do I make it to work with my MCU (STM32G473VET6)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Optician
Associate III

Hi. Read the last addition to my post "Newly created Inverter disappears from MCWB 6.1.2 new project wizard.". I have found that the inverter does not appear in the wizard with a specific temperature range number at the end of the MCU number. For me, STM32G431RBT6 is invisible, STM32G431RBTx is fine.

Try editing your new board in Board manager and change STM32G473VET6 to STM32G473VETx and I think you may find it appears.

Optician

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Optician
Associate III

I have an almost identical problem. In fact it probably is the same problem, I just hadn't realised it was changing the MCU that was the trigger. In my case it's still an ST32G431, but the 64 pin STM32G431RBT6 which it seems that is enough of a change. I think it is to do with the *.ftl file, and/or a database that MCWB keeps. When you clone a board, it clones the JSON motor definition but not the Image ofr the ftl file. I assume you have noticed that your cloned board is present in the Boards Manager list, but not in the MCWB wizard?. There seems to be a few others in the board manager list that do not appear in the project wizard.

A shame you got no replies to help you. Have you managed to gain any further insight into the problem?

Optician.

Optician
Associate III

Hi. Read the last addition to my post "Newly created Inverter disappears from MCWB 6.1.2 new project wizard.". I have found that the inverter does not appear in the wizard with a specific temperature range number at the end of the MCU number. For me, STM32G431RBT6 is invisible, STM32G431RBTx is fine.

Try editing your new board in Board manager and change STM32G473VET6 to STM32G473VETx and I think you may find it appears.

Optician