cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble with B-G431-ESC1

Jess32
Associate II

Hi, 

I have been working with the B-G431-ESC1 for some time.I profiled my motor with ST Profiler and loaded the .JSON file on Workbench and generated the code.
My final goal is to be able to control the speed of my motor by sending a PWM signal to the motorcontroller, which more or less already works. But i have two problems at the moment:

What could be the reason why my BLDC motor, which is in the RUN state (i.e. running without any problems), goes to the IDLE state after a certain time without any command being given? On ST Motor Pilot, I don't have any errors displayed that could guide me to the potential cause.

how to choose the good sensorless startup parameters for our motor startup?

thank you for your suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jess32
Associate II

Hi @cedric H,

Thank you for your feedback.

Now the error no longer occurs, it was probably due to my configuration. Now my engine turns without any problems . It's done!!!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
cedric H
ST Employee

Hi @Jess32 ,

> What could be the reason why my BLDC motor, which is in the RUN state (i.e. running without any problems), goes to the IDLE state after a certain time without any command being given? 

Did you take any precautions to cool down your B-G431-ESC1 board? This board is really small and designed to be cooled by a propeller. 

Does this behavior happen with PWM input control? If yes, are you sure the input signal is always correctly driven? is the ground of the PWM Input generator properly connected to the ground of the B-G431-ESC1? 

> how to choose the good sensorless startup parameters for our motor startup?

If your motor starts correctly, I would say your parameters are quite OK. What is the behavior you want to fix or improve? 

Regards

Cedric 

Jess32
Associate II

Hi @cedric H,

Thank you for your feedback.

Now the error no longer occurs, it was probably due to my configuration. Now my engine turns without any problems . It's done!!!!