cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32g4xx_mc_it.c and stm32g4xx_it.c

YWang.15
Associate II

Hi, I am using CubeMX generates the application that contains MCSDK, The generated code has both stmg4xx_mc_it.c and stm32g4xx_it.c. I noticed that all the motor control related ISR code are coded in stm32g4xx_mc_it.c and I am confused with 2 issues:

1. The generated ISR function prototype can not be found in startup_stm32g474xx.s. I am wondering how the ISR can be referenced in vector table.
  2. If I need to add more ISRs, where shall I put the ISR functions? Under stm32g4xx_it.c or stm32g4xx_mc_it.c

Your kindly help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fred V.
ST Employee

Hello,

About the prototypes of ISR functions defined in stmg4xx_mc_it.c, there are #defines that change these names into the ones defined in startup_stm32g474xx.s. These defines can be found in file parameters_conversion_g4xx.h and in file mcp_config.h. Here are the defines for STM32G4:

#define TIMx_UP_M1_IRQHandler TIM1_UP_TIM16_IRQHandler

#define TIMx_BRK_M1_IRQHandler TIM1_BRK_TIM15_IRQHandler

#define USARTA_IRQHandler USART2_IRQHandler

#define MCP_RX_IRQHandler_A DMA2_Channel2_IRQHandler

It is probably best to add your own ISR handlers in file stm32g4xx_it.c. But beware: if you configure additional ISR, you should probably configure the related peripherals in STM32CubeMx. Then, the ISR Handlers would be generated for you by STM32CubeMx in file stm32g4xx_it.c. Then, you can fill the USER SECTIONS with your own code if/where needed. For all details on that, please have a look at the STM32CubeMx documentation.

I hope it will help.

Best Regards

Fred

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Fred V.
ST Employee

Hello,

About the prototypes of ISR functions defined in stmg4xx_mc_it.c, there are #defines that change these names into the ones defined in startup_stm32g474xx.s. These defines can be found in file parameters_conversion_g4xx.h and in file mcp_config.h. Here are the defines for STM32G4:

#define TIMx_UP_M1_IRQHandler TIM1_UP_TIM16_IRQHandler

#define TIMx_BRK_M1_IRQHandler TIM1_BRK_TIM15_IRQHandler

#define USARTA_IRQHandler USART2_IRQHandler

#define MCP_RX_IRQHandler_A DMA2_Channel2_IRQHandler

It is probably best to add your own ISR handlers in file stm32g4xx_it.c. But beware: if you configure additional ISR, you should probably configure the related peripherals in STM32CubeMx. Then, the ISR Handlers would be generated for you by STM32CubeMx in file stm32g4xx_it.c. Then, you can fill the USER SECTIONS with your own code if/where needed. For all details on that, please have a look at the STM32CubeMx documentation.

I hope it will help.

Best Regards

Fred