cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX not found - ver. "4.25.0" or higher is required

BAtma.1
Associate

Dear all,

I would like to use ST Motor Control Workbench for BLDC FOC Control. I have installed version 5.4.4 and used an example project to generate code. However, the workbench doesnt generate code and gives error ("STM32CubeMX not found - ver. "4.25.0" or higher is required"). I had already STMCubeMx version 5.6.1 before installing motor control workbench and I am able to generate code using CubeMx alone. Is there a way to link these two programs manually?

0693W000001rSReQAM.jpg

0693W000001rSSNQA2.jpg

Best regards,

Berat

15 REPLIES 15
GManav
Associate

Hello @MKara.14​ , Try to install STM32CubeMX into the directory "Program Files" instead of "Program Files (x86).

orhan
Associate

Did you solve the problem? I have the same problem as yours. If you solve it could you advice to me to solve mines?

Thank you.

Hi,dear Orhan

Did you solve the problem  ? 

McMax
Associate II

I had the same issue and solved by re-installing CubeMX for all users instead of just myself. Not sure if that was the issue but after uninstall and reinstall 3 times I tried this and it worked out.

fathi-chelly
Associate

Hello!

I had the same issue.

I read here on the website that by changing the OS language to english the issue might be solved.

Well, I did that but still didn't work.

Then, after a little research I found out that my STM32CUBEMX version has been recently realeased and thus was not supported by STM WORKBENCH.

Hence, I downloaded a prior version of STM32CUBEMX (I downloaded the 6.2.0) and everything worked perfectly with no issues.

Have a good day!

MKanc.1
Associate III

Hello,

This problem exists after years and changing windows language to english and reinstalling cubemx solves the issue.

During the installation of stm32cubemx under windows, if language is turkish, it does not show "make shortcuts" page on installation settings and probably missing registry entries causing this problem.

I found out this problem during installing and answer related to changing OS language gives a solution.

It is possibly due the nature of java and local language settings rather than STM32 software. I noticed mostly Turks commented on this problem.

If it is possible to build a workaround for this problem without changing language (it also changes some settings now i'm reading USA news which i had to change as well) it would be useful.