cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 Hall Sensor Interface

CFran.1
Associate II

I had a few questions that I was hoping someone could help clear up. I am trying to just use the interface timer for speed calculations.

When I am reading the documentation it states 3 channels are tied together to cause a trigger, what if my encoder only has 2 channels? In the timing diagram it looks like 3 channels are needed for the pulses to trigger evenly.

Next question, if I can use the hall interface documentation with 2 channels, when would be the best time to sample the speed after I change PWM? Should I just keep having it sample forever, and wait for a delayed amount of time? or should I change the CCR value, wait for the timer1 overflow to cause an interrupt, enable the interface timer and then calculate the speed, then disable and rinse and repeat?

Last question, I am assuming to find the speed, its just the counter times the speed of the counter and then use the revolution of the ticks to find RPM. Its definitely not what I said exactly, but would that be the correct direction?

Thank you for your guys' time! I appreciate any advice and feedback

2 REPLIES 2
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear CFran.1

Do you have still this problem to solve?

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @CFran.1​ 

I guess you don't have to solve this problem anymore, therefore I consider this post closed.

If not, feel free to reopen it by posting a new answer.

Best regards

Laurent Ca...