cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM Motor Control 6.3 - current sensing issue

kaps
Associate II

Hello Community,

I have a problem with the STM Motor Control Workbench 6.3. I have hardware for FOC motor control. For the current measurement, I am using three shunts with differential current measurement, integrated op-amps, and an external resistor network for the gain. I tried to configure this hardware with the STM Board Designer, especially the current sensing:

board_designer.PNG

The creation of the board is fine, but when trying to open it in Motor Control Workbench, I get this error message:

error_message.PNG

• Motor Control: MC Workbench 6.3
  • Microcontroller: STSPIN32G4

The board file is attached.

Has anyone else encountered the same issue?

Best regards,

Steffen

5 REPLIES 5
cedric H
ST Employee

Hello Steffen,

Please attach your board description (as a Zip to pass policy security) and also the log file mentioned in your screenshot.

Thanks

Cedric

Hello Cedric,

I attached it as .7z (.zip is not possible).

Steffen

I have a similar problem, the MC Workbench version is the same. If I take the Evalboard EVSPIN32G4 board and would like to set "Current Sensing" - "Sensing Type" to Differential, I do not have this option, despite the fact that the EVSPIN32G4 board has such functionality in the configuration - it is configured.

calka
Associate

It is possible to configure the Single Ended mode, working with only two operational amplifiers, although three are used in the EVSPIN32G4 diagram.

GuiOtt
Associate

I've the problems already described too.

Single ended option only

only two op-amp selectable

and the Motor Control Workbench (version 6.3) returns the "

Errors
  • RCSConnect: ThreeShunt_RawCurrents_Differential_InternalGain Global NO OPAMP for Phase V

I'm using the EVSPIN32G4 board definition

Please see attached screenshots for details