cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

steval_ESC002V1

I WAS BOUGHT STEVAL_ESC002V1 DEVELOPMENT  BOARD FROM ST. I DONT KNOW HOW TO USE IT.( HOW TO GIVE THE PWM INPUT VIA EXTERNAL).AND ALSO ITS NOT HAD ANY INYERNAL FIRMWARE. I AM ALREADY  DOWNLOAD  STSW FIRMWARE .ITS A BINARY FILE.HOW TO I LOADED & IS IT SUPPORT STM32CUBE IDE.BUT USER MANUAL SAID IAR WORKBENCH 8.2.2 NEEDED. PLS GIVE THE TECHNICAL SUPPORT. I WANT TO RUN THE DRONE MOTOR (A2212/13T 1000KV) USING THIS BOARD

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @sathyavani_outdid21, to the community!

Well, the STEVAL-ESC002V1 website contains the documentation for the kit, including UM2518: Getting started with the STEVAL-ESC002V1, where section 4.1 describes how to programme the board (Step 1) or debug it (Step 2).

However, Step 2 does not say that EWARM 8.22 from IAR is absolutely necessary, but that it can be compiled immediately: Compile and download the project included in the STSW-ESC002V1 firmware package (IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM 8.22). Of course you can also work with STM32CubeIDE, because the source codes (BSP, Src, Inc) from STSW-ESC002V1 are available without restriction, but you would have to create a project for it first.

Anyway, you should bear in mind that your motor A2212/13T 1000KV draws up to 30A current, but the STEVAL-ESC002V1 can only supply max. 20A.

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.