cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[STEVAL-001V1, SPEED FEEDBACK FAULT] How to tune MC for high-speed motor, getting speed feedback fault on high RPM

jiso
Associate

I'm evaluating the STEVAL-ESC001V1 and I finally got the code to compile correctly and I'm able to run a hobby RC BLDC at 3-shunt sensorless mode.

However I'm facing an issue with high RPMs with motor stopping and ESC giving speed feedback fault. This happens systematically when trying to push the motor above 15.5k RPM. Maximum RPM of the motor is 20k.

I have ran the motor profiler and verified the values by manually measuring those according to ST instructions. Motor parameters are correct, so what should be the next steps to try to overcome the issue? Should I start tuning the sensorless speed management settings to be able to run the motor on max RPM? Or do you have some tuning guideline document that I could follow?

4 REPLIES 4
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear Jiso

Do you have still this problem to solve?

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

Dear @jiso​ 

I guess you don't have to solve this problem anymore, therefore I consider this post closed.

If not, feel free to reopen it by posting a new answer.

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

Orso
Associate III

Hello,

I have the same problem with a B-G431B-ESC.

Someone have some advices?

Thanks

Orso

Orso
Associate III

Hello,

​I'm observing that I have this problem only when I put a propeller on my motor.

Using the MC_GetOccurredFaultsMotor1() function I see that the fault are double.

It seems that OVERCURRENT FAULT and SPEED FEEDBACK Fault comes at same time.

Since that happens at higher speeds with propeller I'm begin to think that the speed feedback

fault can be a sequence of a real overcurrent fault. By the way the maximum current of

my motor is 25A while the board support 45A if I'm not wrong, and the profiler as no

problem to profile my motor with propeller at full speed. So strange...